Friday 23 March 2012

CHINEESE MONK LEVITATING

A Chinese monk, Li Wei is found to levitate. The monk made use of wires to suspend himself in the air and create the illusion. Also, sprayed red smoke to make an effect of flying. He has got a great interest to perform gravity defying stunts. 

Li Wei exposed his stunt over the Fountain of Lyons in Paris. Born as a Chinese, he created the illusion with a mix of photography and his artistic skill. But at times, the stunt becomes reality. 


Li Wei said that he is not creating the effects using computers, but using simple wires, mirrors and scaffolding. “My work and artistic experience are characterised by a unique specificity and particularity,” the 37-year-old artist from Beijing has said.


His says that his skill is universal and deals with themes understood by all.’I am fascinated by the unstable and dangerous sides of art and I hope my works reflect these aspects.’
Wei's photographs are worth $8000, which depicts him falling from buildings.


‘The first reaction is astonishment. Some people think they are full of sense of humour. They are curious about how I did this.

‘Sometimes I am in real danger – I have to hang myself high with steel wires and people do get a little worried for me – but I am fine’, Wei added. He tries to make his stunts a mission to achieve more and more uniqueness. 
 

 
Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips